Benefits of Joining IABC
As a member of IABC Cleveland, you’ll have the opportunity to access a wide array of resources, including:
- A network of communicators that begins right here in Northeastern Ohio and extends 15,000 strong in 80 countries.
- Professional development programs, volunteer activities and other events to keep you plugged into your local community.
- Local and international job listings through the IABC Job Centre.
- IABC International publications such as Communications World magazine and CW Bulletin, which provide information on current communication issues and business trends.
- The IABC International website, www.iabc.com, its membership directory, online library and MyComm, a communication planning tool created by Cisco Systems.
- IABC’s MemberSpeak, an electronic bulletin board located at www.iabc.com.
- Member discounts on IABC International programs, webinars, publications, templates and other tools.
Looking for a way to contribute to IABC Cleveland, meet new people and stretch your skills? Several committees led by members of the IABC Cleveland Board are looking for to help. It’s an excellent way to make new contacts and to deepen your chapter involvement. Questions? Contact chapter president, Betsy DuWaldt.
Educator Advantage Promotion
If you an educator involved in teaching marketing, public relations, corporate communication, advertising, public affairs, writing, investor relations, editing, branding, social media, or a related topic, you may qualify for a complimentary IABC membership. IABC is offering one year of membership complimentary to educators who are champions of IABC at their institution. The educator should market, grow, and be a proponent of IABC in order to increase student memberships, and ideally will be the faculty advisor for a student chapter at their school. You must be a professor currently teaching at a college/university; part of a Communications, PR, Marketing, or Business department; and willing to be a champion of IABC Student Memberships. This is available only for new members and only one complimentary membership per institution is allowed. Learn more.