Enter Your Work AND Nominate IABC Northeast Ohio’s Communicator of the Year
Another way IABC Northeast Ohio supports the professional community is by offering the Vision Awards, in which communicators' works can be submitted for review and feedback by members of another IABC chapter, and by celebrating individuals and organizations that regularl contribute to our profession and our community.
Since 2005, IABC Cleveland/Northeast Ohio has named a Communicator of the Year (COY) as a way to honor an individual within the community who has demonstrated excellence in communication leadership. This person, who does not have to be an IABC member, consistently displays leadership in the delivery of information to employees, customers and stakeholders. This year, the Communicator of the Year will be honored at our September celebration; the date and location are still to be determined.
Vision Awards Call for Entries
Please review the Call for Entries carefully to select the category(ies) for which you'd like to submit your work.
Spotlight Awards Nomination Form
COY Nomination Form, Criteria and Helpful Hints
The nominee for the Communicator of the Year must be an individual within the Northeast Ohio community who has demonstrated excellence in communication leadership – within a three-year period* – by accomplishing at least one of the following since the beginning of 2012:
- overcoming a communications challenge
- leading a successful communications initiative
- focusing attention on an important issue or championing a cause
- enhancing or advancing the profession through teaching, research, using creative strategy and/or
- breakthrough techniques, or modeling best practices
- demonstrating a uniquely effective personal leadership style
*A three-year period allows consideration for consistently excellent leadership and time for measuring the success of communications. The three-year period should include work done in 2015.
IABC Northeast Ohio members and non-members can nominate a person for Communicator of the Year.
- The Communicator of the Year will be recognized at the IABC Northeast Ohio Vision in Communication Awards event in September.
- Complete the application online at http://www.iabccleveland.com/coy.
- Nomination deadline is July 31, 2015.
Questions about the application process may be sent to Betsy DuWaldt, IABC Northeast Ohio President.