Nominate IABC Cleveland’s Communicator of the Year
Since 2005, IABC Cleveland has named a Communicator of the Year (COY) as a way to honor an individual within the Northeast Ohio community who has demonstrated excellence in communication leadership. This person, who does not have to be an IABC member, consistently displays leadership in the delivery of information to employees, customers and stakeholders. This year, the Communicator of the Year will be honored at the November 6 celebration.
Nomination Criteria and Helpful Hints
The nominee for the Communicator of the Year must be an individual within the Northeast Ohio community who has demonstrated excellence in communication leadership – within a three-year period* – by accomplishing at least one of the following since the beginning of 2012:
- overcoming a communications challenge
- leading a successful communications initiative
- focusing attention on an important issue or championing a cause
- enhancing or advancing the profession through teaching, research, using creative strategy and/or
- breakthrough techniques, or modeling best practices
- demonstrating a uniquely effective personal leadership style
*A three-year period allows consideration for consistently excellent leadership and time for measuring the success of communications. The three-year period should include work done in 2013.
IABC Cleveland members and non-members can nominate a person for Communicator of the Year.
- The Communicator of the Year will be recognized at the IABC Cleveland Vision in Communication Awards event in September.
- Complete the application online at http://www.iabccleveland.com/coy.
- Nomination deadline is October 3, 2014.
Questions about the application process may be sent to Betsy DuWaldt, IABC Cleveland President.